The procedure for obtaining bankruptcy status is lengthy and consists of several stages as say specialists from https://hugginslawsc.com . Ideally, a lawyer is needed throughout the entire process, since not all citizens know the laws and legal nuances thoroughly. A lawyer in case of a citizen's bankruptcy, together with a financial manager, will help to:
- win isolated disputes;
- minimize the cancellation of transactions when they are challenged;
- achieve a complete cancellation of debts with the least losses for the debtor.
The cost of a lawyer in bankruptcy depends on several factors:
- the amount of debt obligations, the number of creditors;
- whether there is collateral, to which category it belongs;
- whether a lawyer will represent your interests at meetings throughout the entire process;
- the presence of disputed transactions;
- number of isolated disputes.